Try Us – You’ll Like It!


The Foley Insurance Group offers all types of personal line auto coverage to our customers and prospects. The various types of coverage are noted and summarized below.

  1. Coverage A – Liability. (a) The company pays damages for which an insured becomes legally obligated because negligent acts or omissions resulted in bodily injury and/or property damage to a third party; (b) the company defends the insured against liability suits for damages caused to the third party, paying various expenses in this connection; and (c) vehicles covered include the nsured’s own cars, a newly acquired car, and a temporary substitute car.
  2. Coverage B – Medical Payments. The company pays medical expenses for bodily injury incurred by the insured (including spouse and relatives) and any other person while they occupy the insured car.
  3. Coverage C – Uninsured Motorist Coverage. The company pays damages that the insured is legally entitled to collect from the owner or driver of an uninsured motor vehicle.
  4. Coverage D – Comprehensive. The company pays for loss to the insured’s car for all damages, in excess of a deductible amount, except due to collision.
  5. Coverage E – Collision. The company pays for loss to the insured’s car for all damages in excess of a deductible amount caused by collision.
  6. Coverage F – Car Rental Expense (optional). The company pays for car rental up to a daily dollar limit, when the insured’s car cannot run due to a loss incurred.
  7. Coverage G – Death, Dismemberment, and Loss of Sight (optional). The company pays the insured or beneficiary for death or loss caused by an accident to the insured.
  8. Coverage H – Total Disability (optional). The company pays the insured a monthly disability income benefit because of bodily injury in an accident while occupying or being struck by a motor vehicle.
  9. Coverage I – Loss of Earnings (optional). The company pays the insured a percentage of his or her loss of monthly earnings because of bodily injury as the result of an accident while occupying or being struck by a motor vehicle.


An insurance policy that combines (1) coverage against the insured’s property being destroyed or damaged by various perils, and (2) coverage for liability exposure of the insured. Homeowners’ policies cover both individuals as well as property. In addition to the insured, those covered include his or her spouse, their relatives, and any others under 21 who are residents of the insured’s household. The Foley Insurance Group represents a multitude of insurers who offer this coverage for our customers and prospects.


Given the litigious nature of American society today, the personal umbrella coverage is a very important coverage for our customers and prospects to consider. This coverage provides liability insurance that is excess coverage beyond regular liability policies. For example, typical homeowner’s policies offer $300,000 in liability coverage against lawsuits and other negligence claims. An umbrella policy may provide $1 million in liability coverage. An umbrella policy will begin to pay claims only after the underlying liability policy’s coverage limits have been exceeded. People usually buy umbrella policies to protect themselves against the possibility of a large jury award in a lawsuit. An umbrella policy also protects in situations not covered by a standard liability policy found in homeowner’s and automobile insurance, like slander and libel. An umbrella policy also links policies, raising the limits on underlying policies in a cost-effective manner.


Making the right choice with the selection of motorcycle insurance is extremely important given available options. Most states require an insured to have a minimum amount of liability coverage, however, a number of other types of coverage are usually optional, thus it is very important to understand what the available options are and secure the insurance that is right for you. The Foley Insurance Group is available to advise you on all mandatory coverage as well as optional coverage and place the coverage you select with one of the many insurers we represent.

Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicles

There are a variety of mobile home and recreational vehicles being operated today. We will work with you to ensure that you secure coverage for your mobile home or recreational vehicle that is optimal for you. Coverage to consider includes personal property, attached accessories, towing, guaranteed loss replacement, full timers coverage, agreed value coverage, vacation liability coverage, emergency expense coverage and purchase price protection.


The Foley Insurance Group represents numerous carriers which offer this coverage to those who do not own their residence. This insurance covers policyholder belongings against perils such as fire, theft, windstorm, hail, explosion, vandalism, riots and others. It also provides personal liability coverage for damage the policyholder or dependents cause to third parties. It also provides additional living expenses, known as loss-of-use coverage, if a policyholder must move while his or her dwelling is repaired. It also can include coverage for property improvements. Possessions can be covered for their replacement cost or the actual cash value that includes depreciation.


What type of insurance do I need for a co-op or condo?
If you have purchased a condo or co-op, the bank will require insurance to protect its investment in your home. You may, however, need more insurance to cover your personal items, liability or fees that may be charged to you regarding shared areas of the building like the lobby.You will need two separate policies to protect your investment:

Your own insurance policy.
This provides coverage for your personal possessions, structural improvements to your apartment and additional living expenses if you are the victim of fire, theft or other disaster listed in your policy. You also get liability protection.

A “master policy” provided by the condo/co-op board.
This covers the common areas you share with others in your building like the roof, basement, elevator, boiler and walkways for both liability and physical damage.

To adequately insure your apartment, it is important to know what structural parts of your home are covered by the condo/co-op association and what are not. You can do this by reading your association’s bylaws and/or proprietary lease. If you have questions, talk to your condo association, contact us or your family attorney.

Sometimes the association is responsible for insuring the individual condo or co-op units, as they were originally built, including standard fixtures. The individual owner, in this case, is only responsible for alterations to the original structure of the apartment, like remodeling the kitchen or bathroom. Sometimes this includes not only improvements you make, but those made by previous owners.

In other situations, the condo/co-op association is responsible only for insuring the bare walls, floor and ceiling. The owner must insure kitchen cabinets, built-in appliances, plumbing, wiring, bathroom fixtures, etc.

Also ask us about the following additional coverages:

Unit assessment

This reimburses you for your share of an assessment charged to all unit owners as a result of a covered loss. For instance, if there is a fire in the lobby, all the unit owners are charged the cost of repairing the loss.

Water back-up

This insures your property for damage by the back-up of sewers or drains. Water back-up may not always be included in a policy. Check to see that it is included.

Umbrella liability

This is an inexpensive way to get more liability protection and broader coverage than is included in a standard condo/co-op policy.

Flood or earthquake

If you live in an area prone to these disasters, you will need to purchase separate flood and earthquake policies. Flood insurance is available through FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program. Both flood and earthquake insurance can be purchased through your insurance agent.

Floater or endorsement

If you own expensive jewelry, furs or collectibles, you might consider getting additional coverage since there is generally a $1,000 to $2,000 limit for theft of jewelry on a standard policy.

Also, don’t forget to ask about all available discounts. You can reduce your rates by raising your deductibles and by installing a smoke and fire alarm system that rings at an outside service. If you insure your unit with the same company that underwrites your building’s insurance policy, you might also get an additional reduction in premiums.


Flood insurance covers losses to your property caused by flooding. From structural and mechanical damage to flood debris clean-up and floor surfaces (like carpeting and tile), your investment is protected by a flood insurance policy, something that your homeowners policy does not offer.

Having flood insurance gives you many benefits. Not only is coverage there when you need it, but it also:

  • Compensates for all covered losses
  • Compensates for flood damages even if federal disaster aid is unavailable
  • Pays for your covered losses, unlike interest-bearing loans through federal disaster assistance
  • Comes in low-cost policies for those who qualify
  • Guarantees compensation for flood damages because the Federal government backs NFIP flood insurance
  • Helps you move on – if your property is damaged by flood, your agent is there to help you handle your claim (note: most claims are paid within 30 to 60 days)

If you should have any questions regarding Flood Insurance, or we can assist you with a quote, please feel free to contact our office.

© 2016 The Foley Insurance Group
All Rights Reserved.